Profile for starcatcher55

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wyoming Stones and Possibly Jade From Our Trip



Hubby and I recently took a couple days from Denver to Wyoming on a gemstone hunt. I found a website of a geologist who spent 30 years finding gemstones in Colorado and Wyoming. We drove to places he said we should find something. We came back with a car full of "rocks", but not being a Geologist, we're "stumped" as to what we brought back.


Here are a few photos if anyone knows geology, maybe you can enlighten us.


Our trunk when we got home.

A mystery.

The only one we know. Milky Quartz. I have lots of these. But this is the largest!

What's inside this rock?

Someone said this is what the earth is made of.
Looks like a cave!

An assortment of mystery rocks.

A lovely little green stone...

Neat!

Does anyone think this is Jade?
We were in Jade territory.

It sparkles!
 (Linda Meikle photos)

I'd love to see some comments.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

1 comment:

Erika Jean said...

I'm not a rock person... but the trunk full of rocks sure did give me a chuckle ;-)