Profile for starcatcher55

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sandy's Cache

I love my little sister, and miss her a lot. She and her husband live in Tampa, FL. So I decided to make a cache dedicated to her. She will be so proud!


Day before yesterday, this Rubbermaid container with an almost real bird's nest on top was placed 50 miles away at Estes Park, because Sandy and I had such a grand time there when she came to visit last summer for her birthday. But, alas, it was hidden too close to the medical center there, and we had to drive all the way back up to Estes Park today and remove it.


But, I'm happy to have found a perfect little tree about three blocks from our home (near Lowell Road) at the edge of WalMart parking lot. There's a bike path from this parking lot that goes right by our house! How neat is that?


So we (hubby and I) waited with bated breath tonight for Sandy's Cache to get published!  Our geocache publisher seems to enjoy doing all her publishing about 9 p.m. at night. If one wants to go to bed early because one has to be at work very early in the morning, no luck. I got notice on my iPhone that it was published at 8:30 p.m.


When the notice came out that the hiding spot was approved, and the GPS coordinates came out on the Geocaching website, I got in the car with camera in hand to catch the First to Find (FTF) in photos. 


Earlier, I told my sister that I 'bet' it would be The Golden B's and Chihuahuas-3's. Sure enough, just as I gave up on anyone showing up, and I was leaving the parking lot, here they came! The entire clan of the Golden B's and the Chihuahuas-3's. There were four of them, but the two ladies were running around looking for the cache with their Geo-flashlights. I sat in the car smiling from ear-to-ear as they quickly found the geocache.


"I've been waiting for you an hour." I greeted them cheerfully.  They happily posed so I could take pictures for this website and for my sister, Sandy.


Because my sister absolutely loves the quartz rocks I've found here in Colorado and mailed to her, I placed a large one under the tree for the FTF. 


I plan to add another rock the first week of every month at the cache under the tree, so all Geocachers take note,  and get the chance to be another FTF every month!


Mrs. Golden B especially loved her rock because she collects rocks! I was happy that worked out so nicely.


It was very nice to meet up with some of my favorite Geocachers again.  :)


Here's the story in photos:


 Golden B's and Chihuahuas-3 enjoy being FTF at Sandy's Cache at 9:31 p.m.

"I know there's something good in here!"

Husbands enjoy watching the family fun!

Golden B really loves her quartz rock!
(FTF reward)


Fun was enjoyed by all
TFTC

I always love the messages that are left on the Geocaching website. Geocachers can read the entire comments on the website at www.geocaching.com ("Sandy's Cache")  in Colorado. 

They wrote, "It was nice to see the cache owner and happy to participate in honoring sister Sandy"!

Take Care on the Journey,
Your geocaching friend,
~Starcatcher55 aka Linda





No comments: