Profile for starcatcher55

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mondo's, Oh For Heaven's Sake!

Now this one was the most elusive little geocache I've ever hunted for. According to our brand new GPS, this one should have been near the front of a convenience store. I suspected someplace on the telephone, but even standing on my head did not produce any sign of a geocache at all.  Geo hubby was sure we were looking in the wrong place.

I went home and checked the website to see what other geocachers were posting about this cache. There were many hints about the phone, and quite a few "did not find" notes!  How in the world could there be a geocache on this phone or anywhere near it?

Last night I wrote a note on the website for this cache stating that I'd been there at least five times, and couldn't find a hint of it.

I wrote, "I'm going back there and call Mondo for another hint."  (Joking. I don't know who Mondo is!")

Funny thing, this morning I had an EMAIL from Mondo!!!  He told me where it was!!!!!  That is just what I wanted. I hurried back to the store and even sitting in the car in front of the telephone, I still didn't see it, but I knew where it was!!!!!

See?  It's a business card-sized piece of magnet stuck UNDER the bottom of the phone.
The "log" is a piece of paper stuck to the magnet...
I picked it loose with my fingernail, signed it, and stuck it back. 

For the record, we don't think this is quite geocaching 'friendly' in geocaching terms. It's so close to the front door of the store that employees have gotten pretty nervous at the 'suspicious' behavior outside.  I went inside and asked the employees (who were seen looking out the window at me) if they knew anything about the geocache that was suppose to be there. They looked at me very blankly and shook their heads, "no".

Yeah, the only part of this cache that holds true, is the title.

~Linda aka Starcatcher55

No comments: