Profile for starcatcher55

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Colorado Spirit Quest 181

Today was a warm, sunny day here in Denver, so I took advantage of the perfect geocaching weather to make a swipe around for some Denver treasure hunting.  My travels discovered a small but serene cemetery where I gingerly poked around for a geocache that was listed as "off the ground". 

After resting on several benches to nurse my wounds fresh from a tripping fall at the last cache, I discovered a small tin hanging deep inside a lovely Evergreen tree.  It didn't even scratch me as I reached in and opened the lid for the small log book to sign.

The GPS indicated it's within 25 feet of where I'm standing.

Okay. Peaceful (elusive) hiding spot.

I sat on this bench and watched the mountains glow in the sunset.
(Actually, this photo is not in the direction of the sunset.)
My Sheba coin that I leave in all the caches.  Someone wrote me saying they lost two furry pets last year, and they took the coin they found at Lord Mike's Cache to add it to the trinket box of their pets who have passed on. That was very sweet.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

No comments: