Profile for starcatcher55

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fun at Crags View

      I'm getting my BSN in nursing online through Chamberlain College. Woo Hoo! So many years this has been my dream... I'm loving it!   But, I'm between classes this week, so geo-hubby and I headed for the 'hills' - Estes Park, CO.

It's about an hour's drive if we go the quick route, but today we took the long way and got there in about three hours.  The high mountains had their first snow, and the elk at Estes Park are in the bugling season.  Our mission today was to find the last of the shimmering fall Aspens in the Rocky Mountains!



We found the Aspens!




Oh, another goal was to find geocaches with the combined iPhone app when we had service, and our sweet little  Garmin 60CSx that we haven't quite figured out how to use yet when we don't have phone service!



We found the geocaches...
Watch 4 Wildlife by Bug Ranger (GC2AEHJ)


Almost a nano, but not quite... Too bad I walked up the hill instead of looking at the sign.



Nice shoe! The geocache is not what you see.
Crags View by Jenmjess (GC314AM)

I had hoped to get a little video of the bugling elk at Estes Park, but the busy herd was too far away today.  I found a video you can watch if you want to hear one. He gave a bugle like I've heard before at Estes Park. HERE

But, this blog is about geocaches, isn't it?

We have more fun today finding two geocaches!  Crags View had more than we expected! Leaving the car door open, and ignoring the obvious shoe-toten geocache, we met up with Princess, Your Highness and Ebony!



Princess, Your Highness, and Ebony greet us at Crags View Geocache!


I saw the visitors FIRST! I get first dibs on the apple!

See, the best grass is just out of reach.

I am Princess, and I'd like an apple, please.

I'm Ebony, and I'd like to be first, please.




Oh, thank-you, thank-you. I've been trying to reach that grass all summer!



Crags View Geocache...We added lots of swag and made it a Favorite!

Happy Trails!
Take Care on the Journey,
Starcatcher ... Linda


No comments: